- Because of the way that Instagram imposes security features on its account login process, there are some specific steps that a Rivuu user must follow, as well as a few points to be aware of, in order to successfully schedule and post to Instagram.
- Please read the following guide carefully, to ensure a smooth process for connecting to and using an Instagram account with Rivuu. As always, we’re here to help, and if you do run into difficulties please submit a help ticket via the HELP button in the topbar.
INSTAGRAM IDENTITY CHECKPOINTS
- Instagram tracks the geographical location of login attempts to its accounts, and challenges a user to prove his or her identity if discrepancies are detected.
- If, for example, a user accesses their Instagram account through their phone in Sydney, and an hour later there’s a login attempt to the same account in say Berlin, it's likely that an Instagram checkpoint will be triggered.
- A checkpoint is a pop-up that will appear on either your phone or desktop Instagram application (depending on which one you’re using at the time), requesting verification of identity via either SMS or email.
- The user receives a security code to whichever messaging platform was selected, and upon correctly supplying that code back to Instagram (via the checkpoint pop-up), is able to continue as usual with the application.
- This explanation allows you to understand why you may receive such an identity checkpoint from Instagram when you try to connect it to Rivuu. Our servers are located in several locations around the world, likely geographically remote from your location. Therefore, if you’ve recently carried out activity on your Instagram account, Rivuu’s attempt to connect to it may trigger Instagram's checkpoint.
CHECKLIST BEFORE CONNECTING RIVUU TO AN INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT
- There are a short number steps to take or to confirm with your Instagram account before attempting to connect it to Rivuu, as explained in the following list. Please consider this list carefully; failure to meet all criteria will probably result in an error in Rivuu when you try to connect.
- Ensure you’ve entered and verified an email address for the Instagram account (in Instagram).
- Ensure you’ve entered and verified a phone number for the Instagram account (in Instagram).
- Make sure you have access to either that email address or phone, as you attempt to make the connection between Instagram and Rivuu.
- Make sure your Instagram account has at least 10 images uploaded to it. Less images may change the way that Instagram handles errors that arise, and thus Rivuu’s ability to interface properly.
- Ensure you’ve recently logged in to the Instagram account; by doing this, any questions or error messages that Instagram has queued for the user will be cleared.
CONNECTING TO INSTAGRAM
- Connect a profile to an Instagram account by clicking on the Manage Account button on the sidebar, and then selecting the Profiles tab from the tabs-bar that now appears under the topbar.
- When you click on the CONNECT PROFILE button near the Instagram icon, you’ll be prompted for a username and password . Enter as appropriate for the account you’d like to connect.
- If successful, you’ll receive a confirmation message. If the username or password are incorrect, you’ll similarly be informed of this.
- If Rivuu detects that Instagram has sent you an identity checkpoint (as explained above), Rivuu will alert you to this fact. You must then login into Instagram–phone or desktop, as you prefer–and complete the identity check. Once done, please re-attempt the Rivuu Instagram connection process; it will now work for you.
- After successfully connecting an Instagram account to a Rivuu profile, that connection will work most of the time. Occasionally, however, due to certain types of user activity, Instagram may enforce another identity checkpoint. You’ll be notified of this development both by Rivuu, in the Scheduling Errors screen, and by Instagram itself (if you happen to log into that particular account) as a pop-up notification. If this occurs, please go ahead as explained above: action the identity check in Instagram and then re-connect the account to Rivuu.