- A user in Rivuu is a person who's been given, via email invitation, access to a plan. Within that plan the user is assigned different permissions for particular accounts (such as Cat Collars R Us), enabling him or her to participate in the approval process. Permissions may allow the user to create, review, approve, reject, and/or schedule content, depending on his or her assigned role/s.
- Users may also be aggregated by account admins into groups, at either the global (plan) or the local (account) levels, in order to simplify the task of assigning permissions for approval processes.
THE MANAGE USERS SCREEN
- The Manage Users screen , accessed via the Global Settings dropdown menu, allows you to add, edit and delete users, as well as assign them – through the Add New User pop-up section – to specific transitions within particular accounts.
- The left-hand side of the Manage Users screen displays a list of active users and their avatars , as well as a grey delete-X to the right of each name, used for deleting that user.
- Pending Users are those who have been invited to join the application but have not yet activated their accounts by responding to the Rivuu email sent to them.
- Clicking on an active user name on the left-hand side of the screen will display the Edit User section on the right-hand side. Here you may change a user’s display name, role and comment visibility (see below), as well as their avatar. You may select from ten Rivuu avatars, or upload your own image (ideally 100 x 100 pixels, and under 100 Kb in file size) .
INVITING A NEW USER
- The ADD USER button on the Manage Users Screen is used to invite a new user to your Rivuu plan. After clicking on the button, enter a display name and an email address (to which the invitation will be sent) for the new user. Note that duplicate email addresses – the same email shared by more than one user – are not allowed in Rivuu. Already existing email addresses for a Rivuu plan, therefore, may not be used for a new user, and an attempt to do so will generate an error message. There is no limit, however, on using duplicate user names, for whatever reason this might occur.
- Each new user whom you invite can be assigned a role as either an Admin or a Standard User . Admins have unrestricted access to an account, although they will not be able to view billing details; this is possible only for the super admin – the very first user who set up the Rivuu plan.
- Standard users have restricted access to the application, depending on which particular accounts and their workflow transitions they were added to. If you select the Standard User tick-box for a new user invite, a further option appears regarding Comment Visibility . All Comments Visible allows the user to see the entire history of a post for which they have permission assigned. Restricted Comment Visibility, in contrast, allows the user to see only the last comment before the step to which they were added in the approval process .
- This feature is typically used by agencies, who don’t want a client to see a post’s entire edit history. We recommend that your internal users be allowed All Comments Visible, whilst external ones kept to Restricted Comment Visibility, unless, of course, a different customisation is required.
- After clicking the NEXT STEP button, the subsequent two screens in the Add New User pop-up are used to assign the new user (if you wish to do so at this setup stage) to particular account/s, as well as to specific step/s within the approval processes for those accounts. These screens may be skipped and permissions assigned later, via the usual Rivuu procedures.
- Once the setup process is complete, the new user will receive an email inviting them to join the Rivuu application, create a password, select or upload an avatar, and begin working on their account/s.
- Groups of users at the account level are managed through the Account Groups tab, accessed via the Manage Account button on the sidebar. To add a group, click on the + GROUP button and enter a new group name, followed by clicking the CREATE button .
- Add users to your new group by clicking on the + icon to the right of the group’s name, and selecting the users you’d like to add. The displayed list of users is populated from the global list of users, as appear in the Global Settings Manage Users screen (explained above). Users may be removed from a group by clicking on the delete-X icon at the bottom left-hand corner of the user’s name on the Account Groups tab.
- Examples of groups may include a “content creator” group (containing all of an agency’s graphic designers, for instance), a “content approver” group for the in-house account managers, and a “client approver” group, for client staff with roles in the approval process.
- Once created, a group may be applied as a user would be, to a transition for a workflow in the Approval Process tab. All users in the group are accordingly assigned to that transition in the process.
- Remember that groups created in the Account Groups tab apply to the current selected account only.
- Global groups are similar to account groups; however, they can be used across all accounts in a plan.
- Use the Global Groups screen, accessed via the Global Settings dropdown menu , to create and manage such groups. The interface and process are identical to those for the local Account Groups tab, as just described.