- Welcome to Rivuu! Rivuu is an application that allows you to create, approve and schedule Facebook, Twitter and Instagram content for posting.
- This Introduction gives an overview of Rivuu’s desktop interface, including its screens, menus, icons, and other elements.
- Through reading this subject guide, and together with the Rivuu Up and Running Tutorial, you’ll be able to set up your clients (we call them accounts; the clients for whom you’re posting), connect profiles (Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram) for each, and be well on your way to implementing an effective social media management solution.
- You can then refer to more specific subject guides, that cover each of Rivuu’s functions and capabilities in greater depth; for example, Review Content Step, or Workflows and the Approvals Process. All subject guides are accessed from the Rivuu Help Centre.
- Additionally, we’ve created a comprehensive library of video tutorials, providing audiovisual explanations on the same major topics as the written subject guides. Use either the written guides or the video tutorials – or both – according to your personal preference.
- The Rivuu Help Centre also contains a Quick Answers section that gives concise answers to commonly asked questions; for example, How do I approve a previously rejected post? Or How do I add a new user? The Help Centre also includes a glossary of terms used by Rivuu, which you might find useful as a quick reference.
- Also here to assist you is the Rivuu team. Our customer service is available at all times to aid in solving any issues that may (and let’s face reality – probably will) arise. Please lodge a help ticket by clicking on the HELP button in the top menu bar and selecting Submit a Ticket from the help section that pop-ups up.
THE RIVUU INTERFACE
- After logging into the application you’ll be taken to the Rivuu Dashboard, a screen that displays important information for the selected account. You can customise the Dashboard as desired; in its default layout it includes a summary view of how many posts are at each stage of the creation and approval process, copies of the last and next scheduled posts (for quick reference), and comprehensive analytics.
- Recall that an account refers to your client – such as Cat Collars R Us – and contains within it their profiles, one profile corresponding to each of that client’s Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram accounts. The large heading at the centre of the topbar, the main menu bar at the top of the display, tells you which screen you’re on – upon login it will read “Dashboard” .
- All your accounts together make up your plan, which refers to the total Rivuu space for a given service (whether free or paid). Most of your work within Rivuu will be account-specific, and most of Rivuu’s functions operate only on the current selected account. There are, of course, some features and functions that apply to the entire plan – some of these are touched upon below, especially those in the Global Settings dropdown menu.
THE CURRENT SELECTED ACCOUNT
- The current selected account is displayed as an icon (based on an image you’ll have uploaded, or as a generic Rivuu graphic) located near the top of the sidebar, under the hamburger button . The hamburger button controls the size of the sidebar, alternately expanding and collapsing it. In its expanded state the sidebar displays menu icons and titles, as well as the account name in words, whilst when collapsed shows icons only.
- Below the selected account icon is a small downwards-pointing arrow. When you click on it you’ll get a dropdown menu of all the accounts to which you're linked as a user; you can then select the one you’d like to set as the current selected account .
- The vertical menu bar on the left-hand side of the screen is called the sidebar. At the top of the sidebar is the selected account icon, followed by the accounts dropdown menu button (the downwards arrow). Beneath this button is the Dashboard button – clicking on it will take you back to the Dashboard screen.
- Under the Dashboard button on the sidebar are further buttons that each constitute one step in the Rivuu creation, approval and scheduling process. These steps always begin with Create Content , and always end with Scheduled Content . The steps that come in between are dependent on the user-customisable approval process. This approval process is set up in the Approval Process tab, accessed via the Manage Account button on the sidebar (see below).
- The order of steps on the sidebar, accordingly, reflects one-to-one the order of steps in the assigned approval process. There are three types of steps that may be added by the user, each providing certain types of functionalities; create graphic, review content, and rejected content. These three types of steps are set up in combination as required, yielding, as explained, a workflow called an approval process.
- Recall that the first step in the approval process for any selected account will be Create Content. This is where Facebook, Twitter and Instagram posts are first created, and a proposed date and time for posting selected. Rivuu displays all content prepared in this step as it would look within the Facebook environment, or within the Twitter or Instagram interfaces on a mobile phone, as the case may be. Create Content also includes the option to add design instructions to a post.
- Below all the step buttons on the sidebar is the Scheduling Errors button . It displays all posts that Rivuu attempted but failed to post to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, receiving an error instead.
THE MANAGE ACCOUNT TABS-BAR
- At the very bottom of the sidebar is the Manage Account button . Clicking on it will open the Manage Account screen, that contains an additional element not present for the other sidebar items; the manage account tabs-bar. This is a menu bar that sits in parallel just under the main topbar and contains six tabs, each of which displays a new screen. Those tabs are Profiles, Dashboard, Content Categories, Email Notifications, Approval Process, and Account Groups .
- In the Profiles tab you are able to connect your account to a Facebook profile, Twitter account and/or Instagram account (one of each per account).
- Clicking on the CONNECT PROFILE button for Facebook will automatically connect the current selected account in Rivuu to the current Facebook account that the web browser is logged into.The user then further chooses which specific Facebook page they wish to associate with that Rivuu account. Twitter and Instagram accounts are connected by entering credentials, per the particular process for each.
- The time zone for the active account, crucially relevant for correct scheduling and analytics, is also set on this tab.
- The Dashboard tab enables user customisation of the dashboard screen, with the option of arranging different content-sections in rows and columns as desired.
- Content Categories are user-defined tags that may be applied to posts, and then used as a criterion in the filter bar to organise information in various screens.
- Email Notifications is used to create customisable error reports and define their recipients.
- The Approval Process tab is used to manage workflows; these define the path that a post – for Facebook, Twitter or Instagram – will take, from creation, through all of its various approval (and rejection) stages, and over to final scheduling. Recall that the order of steps on the sidebar always corresponds to the currently assigned workflow, set in the Approval Process tab.
- The final tab in the Manage Account tabs-bar is Account Groups, used to aggregate users into different groups that aid in user management across the entire application.
- The main menu bar at the top of the screen is called the topbar. As previously explained, the heading at its centre indicates the current item or step selected from the sidebar. To the right of this heading is the Filter button , which alternately reveals and hides the filter bar, providing a number of options for filtering information displayed upon the current screen.
- Beside the Filter button on the topbar sits the Digital Assets Download button (labelled ASSETS), opening a pop-up section that allows logos, fonts and other brand assets (such as images) to be uploaded for content creation. All assets uploaded belong to the current active account only; each account has its own library of assets as uploaded by the user/s.
- Almost all of the settings pointed out so far are involved in functions that apply to the current selected account only. There are additional functions in Rivuu that apply to all accounts. We call these global functions; access them from the global settings dropdown menu, by clicking on the username/avatar button at the top right-hand side of the Rivuu screen . The global settings dropdown menu includes profile settings, user management, global workflows and global groups, and the option to submit a help ticket to the Rivuu team.
- Finally, the HELP button is also located in the topbar. It allows you to access instructional videos, written guides in the Rivuu Help Centre, and also to submit a help ticket to the Rivuu team .
- This completes a basic tour of the Rivuu interface. We recommend you now read the Rivuu Up-and-Running Tutorial, following it step by step in order to set up and start using the application. Enjoy!